In this post we address the relationship between security and home. Together with an alarm system in our house, and although we sometimes forget, the first thing we must do is not forget the good use and prevention. At times, sometimes out of simplicity and others caused by the frenetic pace of the world in which we live, we make mistakes that can make our home a more insecure place.
Safety and home: easy to apply concepts
- First, do not open the door to strangers: you always have to see through the peephole who is on the other side. You will say that we normally always do it. But sometimes we forget. Many times we wonder that for example in suspense movies open the door almost without asking, allowing free access to intruders. Let us not do the same, even if we are in a hurry!
- Do not leave the keys in the locks, even if someone is at home. Obviously not from the outside (sure that more than one has happened, why deny it) or inside.
- If possible, do not have a lot of money at home, jewelry or other valuables. And above all, do not leave valuables in visible places through the windows. Theft can be triggered without pretending to be one, leaving these types of objects in sight of the offender.
- Make use of the security measures you have, even if your absence is going to be brief. Put all safety tips into practice and activate intruder alarms and intruder alarms in your home.
- Take note of the serial number of valuable electronic objects. It will help facilitate your identification in case of theft. It’s something we do not normally do, but thanks to this small detail everything will be simpler.
- Never keep the checkbook next to documents in which your signature is. No need to explain the reason.
- Do not make display of jewels, riches or belongings, as it can attract thieves. It is similar to leaving valuables close to windows. The more you look, the more likely you are to be aware of yourself. Security and protection begin with awareness of this.
- If you live in a house that until recently has been inhabited by other people, change the locks as soon as possible. You never know how many more people have those keys. The same are only the former owners. Or they and a half neighborhood because they needed to water the plants when they went on vacation.
- When you enter or leave your vehicle from the garage, make sure no one enters while the door is open. We all know that the automatic closing systems of these doors have a sometimes high response time that would allow access to intruders if we are not yet to avoid it.
- Secure doors and windows with suitable locks and if possible place lights around your house (depending of course on the type of house). This is a system of protection and security of your fundamental home.
These tips, which you may have noticed are simple enough and easy to follow, are a basic complement to security systems. And they will help us feel more secure and protected in our homes.